Preserve your environment answers
1. You can save energy and help the environment by: bringing cloth bags to the store; buying in bulk; buying foods grown locally; reducing the amount of things you buy; and reusing and recycling the things that you already have.
2. Planting a tree helps balance the effects of energy use and human activities in several ways. Its leaves absorb CO2 and give off oxygen. The shade it provides keeps your home cooler in the summer. Its roots prevent rain from washing away soil.
3. Transportation uses up about two-thirds of all the oil used in the United States. That’s why it’s a great idea to bike or walk to school or after-school activities whenever possible.
4. When it’s cold or wet out you can line dry your clothes indoors on a clothing rack in your laundry room or basement, or above the dryer.
5. Conserving water helps the environment because it saves water for fish and animals, it helps preserve drinking water supplies, and it saves the energy needed to run wastewater treatment plants.
© 2016 Culver Media, LLC. All rights reserved.