Being responsible stands for many things
- Obeying rules, regulations and laws;
- Being on time or punctual;
- Being safe and doing your best to keep others safe and healthy;
- Preserving the environment and natural resources;
- Supporting the members of your communities;
- Cooperating with others;
- Being open to new ideas and experiences;
- Being fair and honest; and
- Reporting irresponsible behavior, even when it is your own;
- But most of all it stands for doing the right thing, especially when the right thing isn’t easy to do.
Responsibility is the price of greatness. —Winston Churchill
Responsibility is the thing people dread most of all. Yet it is the one thing in the world that develops us... —Frank Crane
Going further: Responsibility and ethics—what tips your scale?